Dear Students of Chiba Sensei,
Mrs. Chiba has agreed to sell the last of Sensei’s lifelong collection of weapons and accessories. Below is a link to a website containing the collection. The site will be available for you to browse beginning January 14th.
On January 28th at 2:00 PM PST, we will enable the “Buy Now” buttons. We will not be sending out additional notification of the opening of the sales. This email is being sent to Birankai NA and Birankai International instructors, as those are the email addresses that we have available.
Please feel free to pass this email on to other students of Sensei’s that you feel might have been inadvertently left out. It is Mrs. Chiba’s wish that Sensei’s students are given the first chance to buy these items before they are offered to the general public.
The site itself is divided into three areas:
• Kozuka, Kōgai, Menuki and Fuchi/Kashira
In each area there is a list of items. Clicking on a single item will show you details about that item as well as a Certificate of Authenticity, if one is available.
You can click on images in the detail pages to see larger versions.
The purchase process will take several steps:
1. Click the “Buy Now” button you see on the listing page next to the item you wish to purchase.
2. You will be directed to a page for you to fill in your shipping and personal information.
3. Click the Purchase button.
4. You will receive an email with further instructions, and the item will be placed on hold.
5. Payments are being processed through Paypal. We will not be accepting checks. Items will be held for 4 days pending receipt of payment from Paypal. If no payment is received after 4 days, we will release the item to be sold to someone else. Once payment has been received, your item will be processed and shipped to you, and the item marked as sold.
Thank you to Derek Shaw for building this website; Didier Boyet for cataloging, researching, and appraising all of the items; Gary Payne for photographing them; and Dick Miller for storing and shipping the items.